Force git to add dotfiles to repository


how would you add files which are started with dot(hidden files) in git repo?
when i am new at git , I also faced the same problem,  as usual search on internet especially in stackoverflow.com i found the following question with a number of answer
I got the same question on stackoverflow.com.

following is query description

stackoverflow.com query
When I type "git add .", dotfiles in GIT_DIR are added, but not from subdirectories. On the other hand, "git add subdir/.dotfile" won't work.
I tried "git add -f" and putting "!.*" in GIT_DIR/.git/info/exclude. 

Here is the answer
you can simply type below command and hit enter
git add */.*
or
find . -name '.[a-z]*' -exec git add '{}' ';'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can I debug PHP cURL sessions?

Free icons

Where is the security section of google analytics? “Security Issues” section.